Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rainbow... from above

While I was driving to work, the weather radio said the temperature was 36° F... and the dew point was 34. Huh, I thought. I wonder if it will be cloudy in town.

I could see the hills to the west as I pulled onto campus, and then the clouds started forming in front of them.

And then I saw this.



It started raining right after I finished taking a panorama of the entire double rainbow.

It cleared up in the afternoon. There's a fair amount of snow in the high country, above 10,000 feet or so. I didn't get outside to take another picture, though.

3 comments:

Ron Schott said...

Oooohhh!! Aaaaaahhh!!!

Kim said...

The clouds hide the Mancos! :D

(I need a comparison view for people who haven't been to town, to show all the stuff hidden by the clouds. Maybe tomorrow.)

ScienceWoman said...

Definitely a beautiful place you live. We're having our first rainy day in months here. Everyone's giddy with excitement - but that'll happen when you are in the (second) worst drought in recorded history.