Sunday, August 26, 2007

...'Twas the night before classes...

'Twas the night before classes
and all through the school
the professors were worried
that they would look like a fool.

Are the books in the bookstore?
Is the lab gear all here?
Are all of the syllabi
suffiently clear?


Every year I have the same dream. I walk in on the first day of school, and I don't know what classes I'm teaching, or when they meet, or where, and I sure as heck don't have syllabi or a first lecture prepared.

You think you stop having those dreams when you graduate, do you? Nope. They don't stop. They metamorphose.

And now I should e-mail that Google Earth example to my work address, and hope that I remember to copy it onto a network somewhere before class tomorrow. (I wonder how many students in my intro class will know that there was a big, devastating earthquake in Peru recently?)

No comments: